This post is written by Vamsi Krishna who is an Astro expert and Panchawati group member.
In this post he reviews the past Solar Eclipses called Saros 145 and the results they produced before and after the actual Eclipse.
Solar saros 145 is an eclipse cycle with 77 solar eclipses repeating every 18 years, 11 days. It is currently a young cycle producing total eclipses less than 3 minutes in length. The longest duration eclipse in the cycle will be member 50 at 7 minutes and 12 seconds in length after which the duration of eclipses will decrease until the end of the cycle. In its central phase it will produce mainly total eclipses (41 of 43 central eclipses).
Total Solar Eclipses of Saros 145
List of the Total Solar Eclipses of Saros 145 and major US Historical events that occurred within months from 1927 to 2017 are as under:--
1) The Total Solar Eclipse of of Saros will occur next week on.
Seven months before this date President Donald Trump took oath on January 20, 2017.
2) The Total Solar Eclipse of 1999 occurred on August 11, 1999.
Six months before this date…i.e., February 12, 1999 President Clinton was acquitted of Perjury and Obstruction of Justice and therefore not impeached.
3) The Total Solar Eclipse of Saros 145 before this occurred July 31, 1981.
Six months prior to that President Reagan was inaugurated on January 20, 1981. He was 69 years old, the oldest man to be inaugurated until President Trump at age 70.
4) The Total Solar Eclipse of Saros 145 before that occurred July 20, 1963.President Kennedy was assassinated on November 23, 1963
5) The Total Solar Eclipse of Saros 145 prior to that occurred July 9, 1945. News of the end of World War II in the European theatre broke in the west 2 months prior on May 8, 1945 and Japan surrenderedon September 2, 1945.
6) The Total Solar Eclipse of Saros 145 prior to that occurred June 29, 1927.
So there seems to be a relation between Saros 145 type of Solar Eclipses and major world events. We will try to analyse the results of forthcoming Solar Eclipse in the next article.